Thursday, July 29, 2010

the day I got a real bed (and a bone!)

hi. Today was a totally good day!

Since being here I have learned that I'm not allowed to sleep on the beds or the couches. I sorta have a bed, it's an old blanket and at night I sleep on the floor beside Mum's bed.

The first night I was sure she must be cold so I thought I'd climb on the bed to help keep her warm. She wasn't cold ..... and she wasn't very happy about getting woken up either. Today I got a real bed and it's awesomely comfortable.

Mum said it's a family heirloom. I guess that's what really comfortable beds are called. She said that it had been Dino's bed but now I'm here I could have it.

We went to a different park today with our family. I'm really proud to have a family of my own now. I have a Jaben, a Sarah, a small one which is called Lycan and a dog!

She's called Rizla and we had lots of games and chasing with the other dogs at the park. I met a beagle called Tyler and a big black dog called Bear. I think that was his name, he let us help him chase the ball he was playing with and him and me had this really cool competition to see who could pee on the most trees. Rizla can't pee on trees and Tyler was too busy chatting her up to pee more than me or Bear.

There was also a little fluffy white dog that looked a bit like the teddy bear of Mum's that I found yesterday. I really thought it was for me because it was sitting on the floor so I'm very glad I was gentle with it because I think Mum would have growled a lot more if I had pulled his head off.

The other dog I met today was called Hazel and she was a pound dog too! Her Mum had just got her the week before my Mum got me and when we got home Dad said he remembered seeing her and had said to Mum 'what about her?'. Boy I'm glad they got me instead! I guess I really am lucky because she was really cute and I have heard that I'm not cute. In fact I heard Jaben tell Mum that I looked gay with my bandana on and I'm guessing he didn't mean I looked happy either.

Mum was feeling sore today so I helped her with the dishes this morning. I think she was pleased with the help because she told me I was good and that I was lucky we had a dish washer to put the pot in after I pre rinsed it.

I was sooooo good in fact that she would give me a bone when we came home from our walk.

She was looking rather wobbly today so I guess that's why we all went to the park instead of the plantation. She said that we might go to the beach with Dad in the weekend. I hope the beach is as much fun as the dog park!

No comments:

Post a Comment