Wednesday, July 28, 2010

the first day of the rest of my life.

She told me that today is the first day of the rest of my life. Kinda cool really I guess, although I'm not too sure what that means. I do know that the 'rest of my life' is probably going to include not chasing cats and not sleeping on the couch or beds! Quite unfair really since the stupid cat that I'm not suppose to chase is allowed to sleep on the couch.

Yesterday just started out the same, another long day sitting in the pound except I heard someone say it was my last day. That was rather exciting because I was getting rather bored. She came and got me, paid my bail and I was outta there! Yahooo! The kind man at the pound said I could have a free neutering as a present. That sounds exciting, I can't wait. I wonder if that's like a party with cake and games. She says I'll have to wait until September to find out and that I might not be so happy about it then. I got a chip too. It's in my neck and it's a really high tech thing that will help me get found if I ever get lost again. What a day ..... I got sprung from doggy jail, I got a fancy chip thing and I'm getting neutered! Wow!

She said I could call her Mum now 'cose I was her dog and she was going to take me to the dog park before we went home. Her car was kinda cool although I wasn't allowed to sit on the back seat. She said that my special place was behind the back seat because it was just my size and it had a huge big window. She was right. It was just my size.

The dog park was fun. I didn't know what to do first, chase the ball, pee or make friends. I decided to do all of them. I made friends with a German Shepherd called Dizzy Lizzie and it was great to stretch my legs and run. Her Mum and my new Mum talked about how I didn't have a name while they stood and watched us. I'm not too keen on what they came up with ..... Van or Toby. Sheesh what goofy names. I hope I get a better name than those!

My new home is way cool although there are catsssssss, and I'm not allowed to chase them. I've met one called FatPoo (I hope I get a better name than that!) She's allowed on the couch which totally sux 'cose I'm not! She sits there and glares at me and swears and calls me names. She's very grumpy but then I guess having a name like FatPoo would make you grumpy really. Mum says to wait until I meet Eddie and when I do I'm not allowed to chase him either. Sheesh what a waste having all these cats is! I can see the other cats through the window of the cat room. A room full of cats sounds rather fun. I bet I could have a really good time in there.

There is also a bird room. Now that is awesome 'cose I just love chasing birds. These ones would be so easy to catch too because Mum's got them locked up in cages all ready for me. Boy I wish I was allowed in there!

As well as a Mum I've got a Dad too. I quite like him because he saved me from getting a dorky name. He called me Kuri which he told me was Maori for dog. I got Mum to Google it and it is also the name for a kitchen in a Zen monastery and a Japanese chestnut. Doesn't mean anything to me. I'm just pleased I got a better name than the cats. FatPoo, Spooky Munnis, Griselda Fuzzbutt, Professor Womble Freak and Edmund Womble Waggle! I'm just bluddy pleased I'm a dog called Kuri I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment