Monday, September 6, 2010

the day the ground wobbled

That was a scary morning. It was dark and it was really night time still but we all got woken up by lots of roaring noise and the ground was shaking and wobbling. Mum couldn't stand up at all and I ran round and round in circles 'cose I figured we should go somewhere safer but couldn't think where. Then I ran round and round the other way and I guess I ended up where I started 'cose when the ground stopped moving I was back in the same place.
FatPoo just stayed in her bed and wouldn't move and when Dad went out to the bird room and cat room he said that the BlackCats were all in the same bed and looked like one huge black cat with 8 eyes. Cool! Everyone was OK and the only cage that fell over didn't have a bird in it so Mum was happy about that.

Then the lights went out and it was all dark again and it got really cold. Dad made Mum a cup of tea with hot water out of the tap and went and sat in his car to listen to the radio. When he came in he told Mum that it was a really bad earthquake and she should go out and listen to the radio too. I thought that since they were already sitting in the car it would be a good idea if we went to the dog park early. They didn't though and Mum said we had to go and check on Jaben and Sarah and Lycan and then go and check Grandma & Grandad's house 'cose it had probably slid down the hill and fallen in the sea!

The weekend before we had gone up to check on the house 'cose Grandma and Grandad are away and we stopped at the beach at the bottom of the hill. It was lots of fun and we walked through a huge big hole in the rock. Mum said it was a cave and Dad and I climbed up on top of it as well. Mum didn't, she was too wobbly. I chased lots of seagulls and then I saw another dog who was chasing gulls too. Dad said it was a Labradoodle so I said I would go and play. I was running towards it when all of a sudden 'woosh' it disappeared. I ran faster to see where it had gone and 'woosh' then I disappeared!
Dad said I looked like a torpedo as I hit the water and that I was a pathetic swimmer too. All I know is that there shouldn't be huge big holes under the water for poor dogs to run into. Mum said that there were signs that said 'beware of hidden holes' but Dad quickly pointed out, I can't read!


I hoped Grandma and Grandad's house hadn't fallen in the sea 'cose I sure as heck didn't want to have to jump in and fetch it. I hate water up my nose!
It hadn't and only a few things had fallen over and nothing had broken so that was good. I really like the house 'cose it has really cool stairs so I ran up and down them lots.

When we stopped at Jaben and Sarah's house I was so happy to see that Rizla was OK that I jumped over the back seat. Dad was so not happy about that. He made me get into the back again. I just forgot that I'm not allowed to do that, I think he could have cut me some slack though. After all it was a real civil emergency!

We drove home and there was lots of holes in the roads and buildings had fallen down and everything. Mum said it was really sad to see the city like that and Dad said 'There's been an earthquake. Why the hell does everyone want to buy petrol or McDonalds!' I just wanted to go to the dog park. I was thinking that maybe all that shaking had knocked my toy out of that big tree. We didn't go to the park but the bonus was, Mum said that since we had to conserve water I didn't have to have a shower this weekend. AWESOME!

It's been a strange few days but I think tomorrow is going to be better. Mum got off the phone this morning and said "Lucky you. The vet clinic is ok so you're still getting neutered tomorrow". Not sure what neutering means but I hope it more fun than swimming and, maybe there'll be cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment