Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I got mail and Mum's birds are just plain weird!

Mum stopped at the letterbox on our way to the dog park today and I got a letta!!


Mum was a bit disappointed I think 'cose she only got the phone bill. She said it was painful but it mustn't have been too bad because she was still able to walk at the park. Here's what my letter said -



Dear Kuri,


Hi, our names are Charles and Arnie, and we live with your new Mum's friend Julie. We think you're a pretty neat looking dog. Don't laugh but we live at a farm called "Womble Farm" in Orinoco Valley. You might know, Orinoco was one of the Wombles. We think it's really mean your Mum won't let you chase the cats, especially Freak and Eddie as they did used to live here once, but come to think of it, I don't think we were allowed to chase them either. But if you ever want to visit, we have way more cats than you. We have 7, and guess what? We have 7 rabbits too. But you guessed it, we're not allowed to play with them either! Mum got a really good photo of Arnie looking wistfully thru their cage this morning. We have some of your Mum's birds too - but yep, they're in an aviary (cage!) as well. You know, these adults just don't trust us do they? Well Mum's got to go feed all the other animals now. Hope she doesn't forget us dogs but I think we're pretty safe, she only forgets the cockatiels, but what do you expect, they're in a cage so can't get in your face like us dogs! We'd never let her forget to feed us.


Look forward to meeting you and sniffing your butt.


Doggy kisses & loves


Charles & Arnie


Today was a totally good day, I went to the park and saw Mia again AND I got a letta. Mum even let me sit in the birdroom while she fed everyone.

Boy was it noisy in there. The big birds screamed really loud when they saw me so I just sat quietly in the corner so they would shut up. Some of them can talk people words which is totally weird. I don't know why the one Mum calls Jimmy asked me what I'd been doing. When I told him I'd been to the dog park and that I had got a letta he wasn't even interested and just kept whistling at me. And the one called Tiela must be really dumb 'cose he just kept calling me "puss, puss, puss"

I really don't understand birds but Mum seems to, she even let one out of it's cage for a cuddle. Her name was Hootie and she said hello to me but before I could say hello back she started yelling.



Birds are way weirder than cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment