Friday, August 20, 2010

I love weekends

I really love weekends 'cose Dad doesn't go to work and that means we go out in the car, sometimes even more than once a day. Last weekend after we had gone to the dog park and he had lost my new toy up a tree, Dad decided we would go to the beach. Mum told him to go to the beach at Spencerpark and told him how to get there. She did agree with him that she was an idiot when her directions got us to Woodend. I actually couldn't see any problem. A beach is a beach!

This beach was definitely fun though because I met two dogs who could run really fast. Mum and Dad said they were greyhounds and that years ago they used to have one called Lindy Lou. The ones that I played with were called Casey and Gus and we ran so fast but I couldn't catch them at all. Mum said she got tired just watching us so Dad found her a big stick to use to help her walk. She was getting pretty wobbly but got back to the car without her legs falling off which was good.

On Sunday we went to the small dog park 'cose it was raining and Dad said Mum could sit in the car if she wanted to. There were a few dogs there and I made friends with a big black dog with a funny curly coat. His name was Archie and we chased each other all around the trees.


There was a labrador who wanted to play with us but his Mum wanted to go home. He was really naughty and wouldn't let her put his lead back on so Dad had to help catch him. She asked Mum and Dad how long it had taken to train me to be such a good dog and Dad told her that I had only been their dog for a few weeks and that I had come already trained, then she said words that I didn't understand and Mum said I can't repeat here.

No comments:

Post a Comment